When the weather gets hot, sandwiches are a dinner time go to meal! Shake things up with this flavorful mix of chicken, bacon, green onions and more! Ready in 15 minutes and can be made a full day ahead of time!!
- 6-8 Regular Sized Croissants ((or 14-16 Cocktail Size))
- 2 1/2 cups Cooked, cubed Chicken
- 1/2 lb. Bacon, Cooked and Crumbled
- 2 Stalks Celery, thinly sliced
- 3 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Red Grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mayo, ginger, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix in the chicken, bacon, celery, green onions, and grapes.
- Slice the croissants in half, fill with the chicken salad filling and serve OR refrigerate the filling until you're ready to use.
- DO NOT fill the croissants ahead of time because they will get soggy.
- You can however, prepare the filling up to a day ahead and store it in your fridge. I personally prefer to allow the filling a few hours in the fridge to blend the flavors.
Keywords: chicken salad croissant, chicken salad sandwich