Looking for a coleslaw made from scratch without mayo in the dressing? You can even make the poppy seed dressing with a sugar substitute for a keto or low carb side that takes just 10 minutes to prepare!
Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbs. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tbs. Poppy Seeds
- 4 cups Coleslaw Blend (roughly a 16 oz bag)
- 1 cup Frozen Peas (no need to thaw)
- 1 cup Cucumber, peeled & diced
- 1/2 cup Green Pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup Minced Red Onions
- In a small measuring cup whisk together the sugar, spicy brown mustard, salt, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and poppy seeds.
- Set aside for a moment.
- In a large mixing bowl toss the coleslaw blend, peas, cucumber, green pepper and red onions together.
- Pour the dressing over the coleslaw veggies and stir to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Re-stir to redistribute the dressing and ingredients just before serving.
- You can use a sugar substitute like Stevia for the sugar to make this recipe keto or low carb.
Keywords: coleslaw poppy seed, coleslaw with no mayo, healthy coleslaw