Need a quick salad or side to share at the barbecue? Try my Sweet Poppy Seed Coleslaw! Quick, easy and refreshingly delicious!
Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbs. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Red Onion (Just eyeball a chunk of the onion. The blender will chop it up for you)
- 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 Tbs. Poppy Seeds
- 4 Cups thinly sliced Cabbage
- 1 Cup Matchstick Carrots
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas, thawed
- 1 Cup Cucumber, peeled & diced
- 1/2 Cup Green Pepper, chopped
- In a blender or food processor, blend the sugar, mustard, salt, apple cider vinegar and red onion well. Slowly pour the canola oil in and blend until the dressing is completely emulsified. Hand stir in the poppy seeds.
- Thinly slice the cabbage, chop up the matchstick carrots into smaller pieces if desired, peel and dice the cucumber, chop up the green pepper and measure out the peas. Toss these ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the poppy seed dressing over the coleslaw and stir to coat.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Keywords: potluck, salads, coleslaw