Sweet breakfast biscuits are a sweet way to start off your day! You’ll love these sugar cookie-like biscuits with their sweet tops!
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Butter, chilled
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla (pure vanilla is preferable)
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- White Sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl or in a food processor, whisk together the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Cut in the butter until well blended.
- Stir in the heavy cream, egg, and vanilla.
- Once the dough comes together dump it out on a lightly floured surface and pat it to about 1/2 inch thick. This dough may be a little sticky. Lightly flouring your fingers may help. Cut out the biscuits with a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with the 1/4 cup of heavy cream and generously sprinkle the top of the cream with the sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes. The bottom edges should be golden brown.
- Cool completely and serve.
Keywords: breakfast biscuits