Kids will love these Hogwarts house themed quill suckers! Don't be intimated by making hard candy! They are not difficult!
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 1/2 Tbs Corn Syrup
- 3/8 tsp LorAnn's Candy Flavoring
- 3/4 tsp LorAnn's Tart and Sour Enhancer
- Food Color
- Lay out the feather molds across a cutting board, set aside.
- Measure the candy flavoring, tart and sour enhancer into a small cup, set aside.
- In a very small pot over medium high heat bring the sugar, water and corn syrup to a boil.
- Attach a candy thermometer.
- If you are using a non-stick pot you don't need to worry about stirring the sugar as it boils.
- Boil until the temperature reaches 300 degrees aka hard crack stage.
- Quickly remove the hot sugar syrup from the heat and quickly whisk in the flavoring and food coloring.
- Carefully drizzle the hot syrup into the molds one at a time. You will need to be quick and efficient.
- Allow the sugar quills to cool before removing them from the molds.
- Once cool carefully peel the mold off the sugar quill suckers.
- Package with candy packaging or my favorite...in the bags you would use for candy coated pretzel rods.
Keywords: Sugar quills, harry potter sugar quills, honeyduke's sweet shop, honeyduke's sugar quills