I look forward to these streusel topped sweet potatoes all year long! I can’t resist the crunchy brown sugar pecan topping and creamy sweet potato bottom!
- 4 Cups Sweet Potatoes peeled and cubed (This is about 1 1/2 lbs of Sweet Potato)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbs . Butter (softened)
- 1/2 Cup Milk (2% or higher)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 5 Tbs . Butter
- 3/4 Cup Pecan chips
- Peel, cube and boil sweet potatoes until cooked through.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain and mash the sweet potatoes.
- Beat in the sugar, salt, butter, milk, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour into a 9×13 baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or in a food processor, cut the butter into the brown sugar, flour and pecans until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until the streusel is lightly browned.
Keywords: Thanksgiving, Christmas, sweet potatoes, yams