Fresh strawberries and almond slivers dot these light and fluffy muffins! From scratch, but easy to whip up and ready to eat warm in 30 minutes!
- 10 Tbs. Butter (softened)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 cups Chopped, Fresh Strawberries
- 1 cup Slivered Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, Line 20 muffins cups with paper liners.
- Cream the butter and the sugar.
- Add the eggs and almond extract.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat well.
- Whisk together the milk and sour cream. Add alternately with the flour in the following way.
- Mix in 1/3 of the flour. Mix in 1/2 the milk. Mix in another 1/3 of the flour. Mix in the other 1/2 of milk.
- Add the 2 Cups of strawberries with the last 1/3 of flour and fold in by hand.
- Divide the batter amongst the 20 muffin cups. Top each muffin with slivered almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.
- Cool and serve!
- Cool muffins completely before freezing. Thaw at room temperature.
Keywords: strawberry muffins, strawberry muffin recipe