Take your taste buds to the southwest with this loaded salad topped with a creamy barbecue salad dressing! Packed with chopped, shredded or last night's leftover grilled chicken and tossed with fresh lettuce, black beans, olives, and more this easy summer dinner comes together in a snap!
- One head lettuce
- One Head Romaine Lettuce
- 3-4 cups Cooked Chopped Chicken
- 2 Avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped up
- 1 Can Olives, thinly sliced
- 1 Can Seasoned Black Beans, drained
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs, shelled and chopped
- 2 cup Fiesta Blend Cheese
- 1/2 of a Large Red Onion Chopped up
- 4.5 oz Bag of Chili Lime Flavored Tortilla Strips (Trust me, you've got to add these)
- 1 cup Ranch Dressing (Made from the Hidden Valley Ranch Mix)
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
- Chop up and wash the iceberg and romaine lettuces.
- Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Peel, chop or slice up the avocados.
- Shell, slice or chop up the hard boiled eggs.
- Chop up the red onions.
- Chop up the cooked chicken.
- Divide the lettuces into 4 dinner salads or into one large bowl.
- Top the lettuce layer with shredded cheese, black beans, avocados, hard boiled eggs, chicken and red onions.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the ranch dressing and barbecue sauce together. Drizzle over the salads.
- Serve and enjoy!
- For a kicky version the dressing try this Spicy BBQ Ranch!
- - I prefer Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue because it's a little sweeter but any brand with work.
- Ranch Dressing - I only use Hidden Valley Ranch made from the mix that calls for milk. Pre-bottled or the kind made with buttermilk has a bitter tang to it that I don't care for.
- I personally love to serve these in Low Bowls!
Keywords: BBQ chicken salad, southwest chicken salad, panera bbq chicken salad