It only takes a few minutes to whip up a batch of these soft, chewy snickerdoodles. You'll love their soft chewy insides and crispy cinnamon outsides!
- 1/2 cup Butter (room temp)
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray or line them with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and shortening. Add the sugar and mix just until combined. If you over cream the sugar and butter/shortening your cookies will come out flat as can be.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Beat in the cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the flour and mix until well combined.
- Scoop the dough out by tablespoonfuls and roll the dough through the cinnamon sugar.
- Place on the prepared baking sheets and bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!!!
For the cinnamon sugar:
- Whisk the sugar and ground cinnamon together.
Keywords: snickerdoodles, cookies