Are you a Snickerdoodle cookie lover? If so, you're going to love this coffee cake! This moist, easy coffee cake tastes just like the cookie!
- 10 Tbs. Butter (softened)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Cup Butter softened, but not melted (see note)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tbs. Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 Tbs. Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until well blended and fluffy. Stir in the vanilla and egg. Add the salt and baking powder.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together the milk and sour cream until smooth.
- Beginning and ending with the flour add the milk/sour cream mixture in two additions, mixing well after each addition.
- Spread the batter in the prepared baking dish.
- In the same mixing bowl you just used, beat the softened butter, cinnamon and sugar together into a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture across the batter.
- Move a butter knife through the batter in a figure eight motions to swirl the cinnamon mixture the best you can. Does not need to be perfect.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. The top will be lightly browned and a toothpick should come out clean.
- Cool for ten minutes then drizzle with icing.
- To make the icing, beat the butter and powdered sugar together and add enough milk to make a glaze consistency.
Keywords: snickerdoodles, coffee cake