Looking for the best turkey brine recipe that isn’t fruity and is also super easy? My Smokey Turkey Brine is just what you need!
- 1 Gallon of Water
- 6 Tbs. Chicken Base
- 2 Tbs. Salt
- 1/2 Tbs. White Pepper
- 3 Tbs. Liquid Smoke
- 1 Tbs. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbs. Onion Powder
- 1 Tbs. Smoked Paprika
- In a four cup measuring cup or something like it, mix 4 cups of water with the rest of the ingredients. Whisk together.
- Place your turkey in a large stockpot.
- Pour the 4 cups of brine over the turkey.
- Pour the remaining 12 cups of water over the turkey.
- Swish the turkey around a little to mix.
- Place in the fridge and allow to brine for at least 2 days, 3 days if possible.
- Remove the turkey from the brine, let the excessive brine run off and cook your turkey as desired.
This is enough brine for roughly a 12 pound turkey.
Keywords: turkey brine, thanksgiving