Slow cooker mac and cheese is quick to put together and ready in 3 1/2 hours. It's cheesy, bacon-y flavor will have you making this again and again!
- 1 (16 oz) box Small Shell Pasta
- 1 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Italian Cheese Blend
- 1 Cup Shredded Provolone ((see the note at the end))
- 1 lb. Bacon ((or precooked real bacon pieces))
- 4 Cups 2% Milk
- 1 (12 oz) can Evaporated Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Butter, melted
- 1 Tbs. Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Crisp and crumble 1 lb. of bacon. Set aside
- Lightly spray the inside of a 5-6 quart crockpot.
- Toss together the pasta, cheeses, and half the bacon in the crockpot.
- Whisk together the milk, evaporated milk, egg, flour, salt, and butter and pour over the ingredients in the crockpot. Give it a little stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 1/2 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining bacon and serve!
I can't always find provolone in a block or pre-shredded so I just buy provolone slices and finely slice up about 6 slices.
Keywords: mac and cheese, slow cooker, crockpot