This family favorite is cooked to perfection in a slow cooker making it ideal for a busy day! This is one of the easiest lasagna recipes because you don't have to boil noodles before you layer them in like you do for the traditional version. I've laid out easy step by step instructions for you too!
- 1 (16 oz) Box Lasagna Noodles
- 2 (26 oz) cans Spaghetti Sauce (I use Hunt's 4 Cheese)
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup minced Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lb. Ground Sausage
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan
- 1 (16 oz) container Cottage Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 6 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 4 cups Shredded Mozzarella (about 1 1/2 lbs Mozzarella)
- For this recipe you're going to need a 6 quart crock pot aka slow cooker.
- Line it will a removeable slow cooker liner or spray the inside and bottom of the slow cooker with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Open the spaghetti sauce. If you want to pour the spaghetti sauce into something and stir all the Italian seasoning into it you can. For ease, I just sprinkle seasoning over the sauce as I add it.
- Mince a medium onion and 2 cloves garlic.
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet, adding the minced onion and minced garlic cloves when it is about 2/3 cooked. Drain the excess grease well and set aside.
- Mix the cottage cheese, parmesan cheese and large eggs together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Grate 4 cups of Mozzarella cheese and set aside.
- Layer the ingredients in the crockpot in the following order:
- 1/2 Cup Spaghetti Sauce
- The first layer of uncooked lasagna noodles. You'll need 3-4 noodles and if you need to break them that's fine.
- Sprinkle with a heaping cup mozzarella cheese, just enough to cover the noodles.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the sausage over the cheese.
- Pour 1/2 of the sauce over the sausage.
- Layer more noodles on top of the sauce.
- Spread the cottage cheese mixture on top of the noodles.
- Layer more noodles over the top of the cottage cheese.
- Do a single layer of 4-6 slices of provolone cheese over the noodles.
- Spread or squirt (if you have the squeezy sour cream) the sour cream over the provolone cheese.
- Sprinkle with a heaping cup of mozzarella cheese.
Layer on more noodles.
Sprinkle the last half of the sausage.
Pour the other 1/2 of sauce over the sausage.
Top with final layer of noodles followed by the last of the mozzarella cheese.
Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on the LOW heat setting for 6 hours.
Store leftover lasagna in the fridge.
- If you prefer to do half sausage and half ground beef that works too!
- Nutritional Disclaimer
Keywords: crockpot lasagna, slow cooker lasagna, easy lasagna, lasagna with sausage