Whether you call it a slow cooker or a crockpot this easy recipe is full of flavorful beef chunks and cooked to perfection vegetables! Let this fix it and forget it meal cook all day so you can enjoy a relaxing dinner later!
- 1/2 Cup chopped Onions
- 1 Cup chopped Carrots
- 1/2 Cup chopped Celery
- 2 Tbs . Butter
- 2 Cups diced Potatoes
- 1 lb . Stew Meat
- 5 Cups Beef Broth
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- Melt butter in a frying pan until it starts to sizzle.
- Add the onions, carrots, and celery to the pan. Sauté' the vegetables for about 3 minutes. Onions and celery should be starting to turn translucent, but should not be cooked through.
- Remove vegetables from heat and dump them into a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Using the same pan, brown the stew meat over medium high heat.
- Once browned, stir the flour into the meat.
- Add 3 cups of the beef broth a little at a time until all the flour is absorbed and the gravy is smooth.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour into the slow cooker.
- Stir the potatoes and remaining 2 cups of beef broth into the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or 8 hours on low.
- At first the gravy with seem like it is too thin, but don't worry, the gravy will thicken more as it cools.
- This recipe freezes really well. Thaw in the fridge before reheating.
Keywords: easy beef stew, stew, crockpot beef stew, slow cooker beef stew