Simple potato bacon soup is quick, easy and delicious. The perfect comfort food for those crazy weeknights and busy weekends!
- 1 lb. Bacon
- 1/2 Cup Onions (chopped)
- 1 Cup Celery (chopped)
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Cups Potatoes (peeled & cubed small)
- 4 Cups Whole Milk, slightly warmed (*see note)
- 1/4–1/2 tsp White Pepper
- Salt (to taste)
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- In a pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil, add the diced potatoes and simmer until cooked through. While this is simmering do steps 2 and 3.
- Crisp and crumble 1 pound of bacon and set it aside.
- Remove all but a tablespoon or two of the hot bacon grease. Add the onions and celery to it and saute’ until 1/2 done.
- Add the celery, onions and the bacon to the cooked potatoes and broth.
- Add the warmed milk,white pepper and salt.
- Allow the ingredients to cook together for 5-10 minutes, but don’t let it boil. Serve
Using 2% or lower milk will result in a thinner soup. You can use 2 cups of a lower percentage of milk and 2 cups of half and half if you would rather.
Keywords: Potato Soup