Looking for the best alfredo recipe that's as simple as it is delicious? Let me show you how! Just follow my step by step instructions to make your own from scratch in just 20 minutes! You'll never buy it from the store again!
- 1/2 Cup Butter (no subs)
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 2 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/8 tsp White Pepper
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Milk
- In a small pot over medium heat, bring the butter and heavy cream to a boil, picture 2. No this will not break the cream.
- Boil until the cream and butter are reduced by nearly half, thicken to coat the back of a spoon and has a yellow tint to it, picture 3.
- Turn the heat down to low.
- Add the cream cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, garlic salt, white pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Stir well and whisk in the milk.
- At this point you want the sauce to be hot and melt the cream cheese and parm but you don't want it to boil again.
- Once the cream cheese and parmesan is melted and blended in take the alfredo off the heat and use as desired.
- After adding the milk be sure not to allow the sauce to boil or the sauce may break and become gritty.
- Use this sauce in place of bottled alfredo in the same amounts the recipe you want to use calls for.
Keywords: best alfredo sauce, easy alfredo sauce, homemade alfredo sauce