Did you know that deviled eggs are healthy? Did you also know that you can cut your work in half by using an instant pot to make them? How exciting it that! Now factor in my secret ingredient for the best tasting appetizer and prepare to be amazed!
Ingredients are listed below!
- 12 Large Hard Boiled Eggs, peeled and halved
- 1/4 + 1/8 Cups Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tbs. Yellow Mustard
- 1/8 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 1/2 Tbs. Dill Pickle Juice
- Hard boil 12 eggs by either boiling for 8 minutes in a pot of boiling water or...
- Place the rack in your instant pot, add 1-2 cups water to the bottom, place eggs on the rack. Cook on low pressure for 7 minutes. Quick release the steam.
- Either way cool the hot eggs in an ice bath.
- Peel and halve the hard boiled eggs.
- Put the yolks in a small mixing bowl.
- Use hand beaters to break up the yolks.
- Beat in the mayo, mustard, onion salt, garlic salt, and dill pickle juice. Beat until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Put the yolk mixture into a disposable frosting bag with desired tip (I use tip 1M) and pipe into the egg whites. Garnish with green onion tips if desired. Refrigerate until serving.
- I like my deviled egg filling a little thicker so that I can pipe it into the egg whites. If you want to spoon it in or just like the filling a little wetter, than add more mayo a little at a time until it reaches the consistency you like.)
- Do I use fresh eggs or old eggs? Which is better for hard boiled eggs? This is a common question! There's more info in the FAQ section in my post, but older eggs do peel easier while fresh eggs make for prettier looking deviled eggs.
Keywords: deviled eggs recipe, healthy deviled eggs, instant pot deviled eggs, dill pickle deviled eggs, deviled eggs with pickles