Looking for a quick and easy salmon recipe for weeknight dinners? Salmon lovers will devour this fancy yet simple dish made of salmon fillets and delicious piccata sauce! This one even rivals piccata recipes from the Olive Garden!
For the Salmon
- 24 ounces Salmon Fillets
- A Bottle of Lemon Pepper Marinade
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 2 Tbs. Butter
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs. Butter
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup White Cooking Wine
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup rinsed and drained Capers
- If you prefer to remove the skin from the salmon fillets do so now.
- If your pieces of salmon are really thick I recommend cutting them into thinner pieces, roughly 1/2 inch thick. They will cook quicker, more evenly and the marinade will work better.
- Place the salmon fillets in a large ziploc bag.
- Pour the marinade over the salmon and allow to marinate in the fridge for an hour, two at the most.
- Using tongs, remove the salmon from the marinade and lay in a single layer across a cutting board.
- Season salmon fillets with hat's up with lemon pepper seasoning and set aside for a moment.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 2 Tbs. Butter to sizzling over medium heat.
- Add 4 cloves of minced garlic and let cook for about a minute then add the white wine.
- Simmer until the white wine is nearly evaporated, stirring here and there.
- Whisk in roughly 3/4s of the chicken broth and the fresh lemon juice. Simmer for 3 or 4 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, begin heating a non stick skillet or frying pan with 2 Tbs. butter and 2 Tbs. olive oil in it over medium heat to cook the salmon.
- You'll be finishing the sauce and cooking the salmon simultaneously.
- For the sauce...
- Whisk the cornstarch into the remaining chicken broth and pour it into the sauce.
- Simmer while whisking for about a thicken to thicken the sauce.
- Turn down the heat to low.
- Drain the capers and add them to the piccata sauce.
- For the Salmon...
- Once the butter and olive oil are sizzling in the frying pan, place the pieces of salmon seasoning side down in the hot pan.
- Season the sides of the salmon now facing up in the pan.
- Keep an eye on the salmon while finishing up your piccata sauce.
- Fry the salmon on each side until golden brown and done in the middle.
- Serve with hot piccata sauce!
- Garnish with fresh lemon slices and fresh parsley!
- If you want a quick and easy way to remove the skin from the salmon fillets before marinating them, just drizzle boiling water over the fish skin. It will then easily peel off.
Keywords: salmon piccata olive garden, salmon piccata healthy, easy salmon piccata