Need a creative idea for leftover salmon? Try my Salmon Piccata Salad! You'll love this dinner salad tossed with salmon and drizzled with two dressings!
- 2-3 (4oz) Fully cooked Salmon Fillets*
- 2 cups Chopped Romaine Lettuce
- 2 cups Chopped Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 Bottle Brianna's Real French Vinaigrette Dressing (a must have ingredient)
- 1 Tbs. Butter
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup White Cooking Wine
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Capers, rinsed and drained
- Prepare the piccata sauce as follows: Heat 1 Tbs. Butter to a sizzle in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and saute' it for about 30 seconds. Add the white wine and simmer it until it is almost completely evaporated.
- Add 3/4 cup of the chicken broth and the 1/4 cup of lemon juice. Simmer for 4 minutes.
- Whisk the teaspoon of cornstarch into the remaining chicken broth and whisk into the sauce.
- Add the capers.
- Simmer a couple minutes to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and prepare the other salad ingredients.
- Toss the lettuces and flaked salmon together and arrange on a dinner plate or salad bowl.
- Drizzle the salad with both the warm piccata sauce and the french vinaigrette.
- Serve and enjoy!
The salmon fillets should preferably be lemon pepper flavored but it's not required. To prepare lemon pepper salmon see my Salmon Piccata recipe.