These salty cucumbers are seriously so ridiculously simple to make that I hesitated to post them. However, they are a popular favorite and everyone wanted an easy place to find the amounts of cucumbers and salt to use. Don't let the simplicity fool you! These totally addicting cucumbers with salt are crispy, salty and made without vinegar and oil!
- 3 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Water
- 2-3 large Cucumbers
- Rinse 2-3 large cucumbers under cold water and dry with paper towels.
- Peel and slice cucumbers into thin slices.
- Chop the green onions.
- Put the cucumber slices and chopped green onions in a bowl.
- Whisk 3 tsp of salt into 2 Cups of water until dissolved.
- Pour the salt water over the sliced cucumbers.
- NOTE - If you find there's not enough water to cover the cucumbers just know that the amount of salt to water is 1 1/2 teaspoon salt per cup of water. So if you need a little bit more salt water you can easily add more.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or with lid and place it in the fridge.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight (I personally prefer these the next day)
- Since cucumber sizes vary just know that you need enough salt water to cover all the cucumber slices. If you don't have enough water just know that the amount of salt to water is 1 1/2 tsp salt per cup of water. So if you need a bit more salt water you can easily add more.
Keywords: salty cucumbers, cucumbers with salt, salted cucumbers, salted cucumber recipe