This chocolate buttercream frosting is perfect for cakes, cupcakes, cookies, putting between graham crackers or just eating off a spoon!
- 2 Cups Room Temperature Butter
- 2 Cups Cocoa Powder
- One 2 lb bag Powdered Sugar
- 1/2-3/4 Cup Milk
- Beat the butter in a mixing bowl until creamy and smooth.
- Beat in the cocoa powder a little at a time until it has all been added and the mixture is smooth and lump free.
- Add the powdered sugar a bit at a time alternately with 1/2 cup milk. Once all the powdered sugar has been added and you’ve beaten the frosting until smooth you can add more milk if you want a softer frosting.
- When first made, this frosting is light brown in color but will turn a deep dark brown color after and hour or so.
- For an easy treat just spread this rich chocolate buttercream frosting between graham crackers and store in an airtight container overnight to soften. So yummy!
- If you want to cut this recipe in half, 1 lb of powdered sugar is roughly 4 cups.
Keywords: buttercream frosting, frosting, chocolate frosting