This easy frosting made with cocoa powder beats up nice and fluffy! It's rich chocolate flavor compliments any cake or cookie! With just 4 ingredients it's ready in as little as 5 minutes to pipe on or frost your favorite dessert!
- 2 cups Room Temperature Butter
- 2 cups Cocoa Powder
- One 2 lb bag Powdered Sugar
- 1/2-3/4 cup Milk
- Beat the butter in a mixing bowl until creamy and smooth.
- Beat in the cocoa powder a little at a time until it has all been added and the mixture is smooth and lump free.
- Add half the powdered sugar.
- Add 1/2 cup of the milk.
- Add the last of the powdered sugar.
- Add additional milk to get frosting to be the consistency you need whether it's just spreading it on a cake or piping it.
- DO NOT USE Hershey brand cocoa. It's cheap and bitter causing this frosting to have a nasty bite to it.
- When first made, this frosting is light brown in color but will turn a deep dark brown color after and hour or so.
- For an easy treat just spread this rich chocolate buttercream frosting between graham crackers and store in an airtight container overnight to soften. So yummy!
- If you want to cut this recipe in half, 1 lb of powdered sugar is roughly 4 cups.
Keywords: chocolate buttercream with cocoa powder, best chocolate buttercream frosting, fluffy chocolate buttercream frosting