I love homemade muffins especially when I can use the fresh berries of the season! Fresh raspberries make these light, fluffy muffins the perfect amount of sweet! Trust me, these easy muffins will become family favorite that disappear as fast as you can make them!
- 10 Tbs. Butter (softened)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 Tbs. Poppy Seeds
- 2 cups Fresh Raspberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 20 muffin cups with liners.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs and almond extract.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the milk and sour cream together.
- Add 1/3 of the flour to the batter, then mix in 1/2 of the milk/sour cream, add another 1/3 of the flour, then the last of the milk/sour cream.
- Fold in the poppy seeds and raspberries with the last of the flour. Mix just until combined.
- Divide the batter among 20 muffin cups. They will be pretty full. That's ok.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.
- Cool and serve!
- You may use frozen raspberries instead but you need to make sure they are well drained before adding them to the batter.
Keywords: raspberry muffins, poppy seed muffins, raspberry muffin recipe