If you love making pancake syrup from scratch you're going to want to check out this delicious syrup made from fresh or frozen raspberries!!! Just 4 ingredients and 10 minutes to make this beautiful creamy, sweet recipe!
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Corn Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Raspberry Puree (you'll need 2 cups of raspberries to get this)
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- Puree 2 cups of either fresh or frozen raspberries in a blender or food processor.
- Press through a strainer to remove most of the seeds.
- Measure the sugar, corn syrup, and raspberry puree into a medium pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil 4 minutes while whisking.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the heavy cream.
- I have many different syrup recipes on my website and I am always asked about canning them. I will be honest. I am not a canning expert. I am hesitant to say yes because of the cream in the syrup. Milk and cream are low in acidity which if canned by water bath or steam methods would have bacteria growth that causes botulism. So if canned a pressure canner would be necessary. However, it still may not be safe. If this is something you want to do please contact your local extension offices that specialize in canning to find out what the proper method is.
Keywords: raspberry syrup, raspberry syrup for pancakes, pancake syrup