One of my favorite things about this moist cake is how easy it is to make! This easy sheet cake recipe is full of the fall flavors those who love all things pumpkin go crazy for! Trust me, you do not want to lose this pumpkin dessert recipe!
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 3/4 Cups Canola Oil
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 12 oz. Cream Cheese, room temp.
- 6 Tbs. Butter, room temp.
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking sheet (a 13x17 half sheet) with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl using a whisk or a hand mixer, beat the eggs until they are well beaten.
- Add the sugar and oil. Mix well.
- Add the canned pumpkin puree.
- Add the baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and whisk well.
- Add the flour to the pumpkin mixture and mix just until combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula just to make sure everything is mixed in and pour the cake batter onto the prepared baking sheet (a 13x17 half sheet pan).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Let the cake cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- For the homemade cream cheese frosting, beat the room temperature cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract, and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth.
- Frost the completely cooled top of the cake.
- I recommend chilling the cake to set the frosting before covering with plastic wrap.
- Store in the fridge.
- FUN TIP- For a fun twist you can add 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon to the frosting to make cinnamon cream cheese frosting!
Keywords: easy pumpkin sheet cake, pumpkin sheet cake, pumpkin sheet cake with cream cheese frosting, soft pumpkin cake