Is someone constantly sampling your Thanksgiving meal before you can even serve it! These pie dough cinnamon swirls will ward off those sneaky snackers!
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Shortening
- 3/4 Cup Water
- Cinnamon Sugar (if you don’t have any just mix together 1 cup Sugar with 1/2 Tbs. Ground Cinnamon)
- Whisk the flour and salt together.
- Cut in the shortening until it resembles small crumbs.
- Mix in the water. You want the pie dough moist, but just slightly sticky.
- Roll out the pie dough between two pieces of wax paper into a long rectangle. Divide in half.
- Sprinkle each half generously with cinnamon sugar.
- Roll up each half lengthwise, tightly.
- Place rolls in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice up dough rolls with dental floss or a sharp knife.
- Place cinnamon swirls on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Keywords: pie, pie crust, pie dough