Are you fan of pecan pie but dread the hard work? These bars are your answer! Made with a nutty shortbread crust and without corn syrup these taste just as good as the pie! Whether you need a classic pecan pie recipe for Christmas Dinner or Thanksgiving dinner or even if it's not that time of year, these delicious treats are as easy as they as amazing!
- 1/3 cup Ground Pecans
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 2/3 cups Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbs. Honey
- 2 1/2 cups Chopped Pecans
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with aluminum foil so you can lift the pecan bars out of the pan easier to cut them. Line both the bottom and the sides of the pan.
- Lightly spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- I like to use my food processor for the buttery shortbread crust.
- Start by pulsing 1/2 to 2/3rds cup of pecans to grind them up. You'll need 1/3 cup of ground pecans.
- Important tip! If you find you've got a bit more pecans ground up then 1/3 cup just set the extra aside. You can just mix them in with the pecan filling part.
- Pulse the flour, butter, ground pecans and brown sugar together in your food processor until crumbly and press the crumb mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Set the shortbread pie crust aside while you prepare the pecan pie filling to go on top.
- In a medium pot, over medium heat, bring the brown sugar, butter and honey for the filling to a boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes then whisk in the heavy cream and chopped pecans.
- Pour the pecan mixture over the crust.
- Take some pecan halves and arrange them in a 4x4 square pattern on the top of the filling if you want to add a fancy touch.
- Bake your pecan pie bars at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before lifting the entire dessert out of the pan and cutting into 16 bars.
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature or in the fridge if you prefer.
- If you want to make a 9x13 pan of these instead of an 8x8, one & a half the recipe. Doubling it will be too much.
- When your pecan pie bars are done you will notice that the bubbly filling has turned a deep golden brown color and the edges look a tiny bit crispy.
- Lift the pecan pie bars out of the pan by the foil. Use a sharp knife to cut into squares. These are much easier to cut if they have been well chilled before cutting.
Keywords: pecan pie bars, pecan pie bars without corn syrup, easy pecan pie bars, southern pecan pie bars