Peach scones with their sweet tops and juicy peach speckled insides are perfect for breakfast or brunch! This peach recipe is a keeper!
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Tbs. Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups skinless, diced Peaches (about 2 large or 3 medium peaches)
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
- 1/8 cup Heavy Cream (read the instructions, you probably won’t need the whole 1/8 cup)
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
- White Sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the flour, sugar, and baking powder in a food processor. Pulse to mix.
- Add the butter and pulse until it is well blended into the flour mixture. Dump into a mixing bowl.
- Toss the diced peaches with the dry ingredients.
- Whisk the egg and almond extract together and mix into the flour peach mixture.
- Drizzle the 1/8 cup of heavy cream a little at a time into the dough mixing as you go. The peaches naturally add moisture to the dough. Only add enough cream to pull the dough together but still be a little on the dry side.
- Pat the dough into a circle about a 1/2 inch thick on a floured surface and cut out with a 2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Place the cut out scones on the prepared baking sheet.
- Whisk the heavy cream and almond extract together and brush it across the tops of the peach scones with a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle generously with sugar.
- Bake in a preheated (400 degrees) oven for 15 minutes.
- Important Tip: If you’ve never removed the skin off peaches before just bring a pot of water to a boil and boil your peaches for about 45 seconds, then plunge them into a bowl of ice water and let them sit for a few minutes. The skins should rub right off.
Keywords: scones, peach scones