One bowl banana bread! Quick and easy to make! Add nuts if you want! Freezes well and will disappear quickly if left unattended!
- 1/3 Cup Butter, melted
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 Ripe Average Size Bananas *see note at end
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 3/4 Cups Walnuts or Pecans if you want
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, melt the butter.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Peel and place the bananas in the mixing bowl with the butter/sugar mixture. Mash them with a potato masher or fork and mix in.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix in the flour until the mixture comes together.
- If you are adding nuts stir them in with the flour.
- Dump the batter in the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the center of your preheated oven for 20 minutes, tent with foil and bake for another 25 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.
- Cool in the loaf pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes at least before loosen the edges and turning out.
- Cool and eat!
An average size banana to me is roughly 6-7 inches long. 3 ripe bananas give you about 1 cup to 1 1/4 cups mashed bananas.
Keywords: one bowl banana bread, banana bread, banana nut bread