Need a quick, easy, last minute Christmas cookie? These thumbprints are perfect for kids to help with! Roll through some nuts of your choice and let their little thumbs make the idents for the jam!
- 1 cup Butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Quick Cooking Oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Nuts of your choice
- 2/3 cup Seedless Raspberry Jam
- Preheat the oven 350.
- Line you baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the oatmeal and flour.
- Place the chopped nuts in a shallow dish.
- Put the chopped nut in a shallow dish like a pie plate.
- Scoop out dough with a #40 scoop and roll the balls of dough through the nuts until the cookie dough is completely coated in nuts.
- Place the balls on the prepared baking sheets.
- Using your thumb or the back of a 1 tsp measuring spoon, make an indent in each cookie.
- Fill each indent with jam.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!
- You can use either salted or unsalted butter.
- You can use any type of nut you want to roll these cookies in. You can even use a mix of nuts.
- Using a pie plate to roll the cookie dough in nuts works fantastic.
- Using a baby spoon to put jam in the cookies work perfect due to its tiny size.
Keywords: classic thumbprint cookies, jam thumbprint cookies, easy thumbprint cookies, thumbprint cookies with jam