These flavorful mozzarella green onions rolls will make a regular dinner extraordinary! These cheesy, oniony rolls will become a new favorite!
- 1 1/2 Cups Warm Water
- 3 Tbs. Sugar
- 1 Tbs Active Dry Yeast
- 4 Tbs. Butter (room temp.)
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3–4 Cups Flour
- Garlic Salt
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced Green Onions
- 2 Cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Let stand for 5 minutes to get foamy.
- Mix in the butter, salt, and 3 cups of the flour with a dough hook.
- Once well combined, add the last cup of flour 1/4 cup at a time until the dough forms a ball, pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is only slightly sticky to the touch. YOU MAY NOT NEED THE ENTIRE LAST CUP OF FLOUR.
- Knead for 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Cover the bowl with a dish towl and allow dough to rise until doubled. About 30-40 minutes.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Gently dump the risen dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out into a rectangular shape.
- Lightly sprinkle the rolled out dough with the garlic salt.
- Sprinkle with the green onions, then the mozzarella cheese. Roll up the dough jelly roll style.
- Slice the rolled up dough into roughly 15 one inch slices using dental floss or a super sharp knife. I highly recommend the dental floss.
- Place the roll slices on the prepared baking sheet. Cover the rolls and let rise for 17-20 minutes. They should nearly double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Bake the mozzarella green onion rolls for 20-23 minutes. The rolls should be slightly browned.
Keywords: pinwheels, dinner rolls, cheese bread