German pancakes, dutch babies, popovers...whatever you call them in your part of the world they are irresistible! Ready in 20 minutes and only 5 very basic ingredients! Serve them with fresh fruit, syrups or whipped cream!
- 1 Cup Milk
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Flour
- 6 Tbs. Butter
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut up the 6 Tbs. of Butter into 18 pieces that are roughly the same sizes.
- Place each butter piece in the muffin cups of the muffin tins.
- In a blender, blend the milk, eggs, salt and flour until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the muffin tins with butter in the cups in the preheated oven and melt the butter to sizzling. This doesn't take long so keep and eye on it and it must be sizzling not just melted.
- Once the butter is sizzling, remove from the oven and fill the muffin cups about 1/2 full with batter quickly.
- Return to the oven for 13-15 minutes. The edges should be browned and the pancakes puffy.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: german pancakes, dutch babies, popovers