These maple pecan oatmeal cookies embrace the flavors of fall! Enjoy this chewy crisp oatmeal cookie and all it's nutty goodness with a tall glass of milk!
- 3/4 cup Shortening
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Tbs. Maple Flavoring
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 cups Quick Cooking Oatmeal
- 1 cup Maple Flavored Baking Chips
- 1 cup chopped Pecans (I use Fisher's Pecan Cookie Pieces)
- 1 cup Flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking sheets by spraying with non-stick cooking spray or lining with parchment paper.
- Cream the shortening and sugars together. Add the water, maple flavoring and egg. Mix well.
- Stir in the baking soda and salt.
- Stir in the oatmeal.
- Add the maple chips and chopped pecans.
- Stir in the flour. When the dough is first mixed up it may seem like it needs more flour. However, the oatmeal will continue to absorb the moisture in the dough as it sits so if you add more flour your cookies may end up dry and tough. If you are concerned that the dough is too wet, let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes then give it a stir and see if it is still too wet. It really shouldn’t be though.
- Drop the dough by the tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes. The bottom edges will have turned very lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack and eat!
Keywords: oatmeal cookies, pecan cookies, maple cookies