These maple and brown sugar scones are quick, delicious and will make your house smell heavenly! Perfect to warm you up on a crisp fall morning!
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup Butter, cold
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbs. Maple Flavoring
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/8 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/8 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- Brown Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Dump the flour, white sugar, brown sugar and baking powder into a food processor. Pulse a few times to mix.
- Add the cold butter and process until crumbly. Dump into a mixing bowl.
- Add the egg, cream and maple flavoring. Mix just until a dough forms.
- Dump the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Pat out to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut out circles using a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Place circles on the prepared baking sheet.
- Whisk the 1/8 cup of cream and 1/8 cup of maple syrup together. Brush the tops of scones generously with this mixture. Sprinkle brown sugar over this.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 14 minutes. Cool slightly before eating.
Keywords: scones, maple and brown sugar