Check out these fun cookies for St. Patrick’s Day! They are soft, sweet, and green with a light lime-y flavor and tart icing! Yum!
- 1 Cup Butter (room temp.)
- 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Lime Extract
- Green Food Coloring
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 Cup Limeade
- 3 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare baking sheets by spraying with non-stick cooking spray or lining pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and powdered sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, lime extract and a few drops of green food coloring. Remember that the flour with lighten the color.
- Beat in the baking soda.
- Add the flour in 3 additions alternating with the limeade.
- Scoop dough out onto the prepared baking sheets by tablespoonfuls. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes. Don’t overbake.
- While the cookies are baking stir enough of the remaining limeade into the 2 cups of powdered sugar to make a drizzly icing.
- Drizzle cooled cookies with the lime icing. Enjoy!
Keywords: Saint Patrick's Day, Lime Cookies