Check out these Lucky Lime Leprechaun Cookies for St. Patrick’s Day! They are soft, sweet, and green with a light lime-y flavor and tart icing! Yum!
Looking for a fun, yet easy cookie for St. Patrick’s Day? These Lucky Lime Leprechaun Cookies are so easy to make! This makes about 4 dozen, I think…I had a really hard time keeping my kids out of the cookie dough while I was making these. Every time I turned around they snitched some cookie dough. These cookies are soft and a fun green color. The light lime flavored cookies are accented by a tart lime icing drizzled on the top. Hope you like them!
These cookies are pretty straight forward when it comes to mixing them up. While they were baking I mixed up the icing. I started with 2 cups of powdered sugar and mixed in enough of the remaining limeade to make a drizzly icing. After the cookies were cooled I drizzled icing back and forth over the cookies. And Ta-Da!!! Lucky Lime Leprechaun Cookies!!!
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below!
Other recipes I know you’ll love!
Don’t forget to subscribe to get my newest recipes sent right to your email!Print
Check out these fun cookies for St. Patrick’s Day! They are soft, sweet, and green with a light lime-y flavor and tart icing! Yum!
- 1 Cup Butter (room temp.)
- 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Lime Extract
- Green Food Coloring
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 Cup Limeade
- 3 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare baking sheets by spraying with non-stick cooking spray or lining pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and powdered sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, lime extract and a few drops of green food coloring. Remember that the flour with lighten the color.
- Beat in the baking soda.
- Add the flour in 3 additions alternating with the limeade.
- Scoop dough out onto the prepared baking sheets by tablespoonfuls. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes. Don’t overbake.
- While the cookies are baking stir enough of the remaining limeade into the 2 cups of powdered sugar to make a drizzly icing.
- Drizzle cooled cookies with the lime icing. Enjoy!
Keywords: Saint Patrick's Day, Lime Cookies
ANY NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS ON THIS SITE IS BASED ON AN ESTIMATE, CALCULATED BY NURTIFOX PLUGIN (OR OTHER THIRD-PARTY SOURCE) FROM THE INDIVIDUAL INGREDIENTS IN EACH RECIPE. VARIATIONS MAY OCCUR FOR VARIOUS REASONS, INCLUDING PRODUCT AVAILABILITY AND FOOD PREPARATION. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF THE ACCURACY OF THIS INFORMATION.