Hey there lemon lovers! I’ve got the perfect jello salad for you! This fluffy lemon jello salad will make your tastebuds pop and mouth water!
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 6 Tbs. Butter
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice ((this takes about 3 average sized lemons))
- 2 Tbs. Lemon Zest
- 1 Tbs. Cold Water
- 1 tsp Unflavored Gelatin Powder
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 (8 oz) containers Cool Whip
- Add the sugar, butter, fresh lemon juice and lemon zest to a small pot. Over medium heat, whisk and bring to a boil.
- While the ingredient in the pot are heating, soften the unflavored gelatin in the tablespoon of water.
- Once the ingredients in the pot are boiling, add the softened gelatin to it and whisk until it’s dissolved.
- Crack eggs into a 2 cup measuring cup and whisk to beat.
- Pour the hot lemon liquid from the pot into the eggs in a slow stream while whisking vigorously until all the hot liquid has been added.
- Pour back into the pot and simmer until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a container and refrigerate until chilled through. This will take about 3-4 hours.
- Put the chilled lemon curd in a mixing bowl and beat with beaters until it is smooth.
- Beat one container of cool whip into the lemon curd until smooth and well incorporated.
- Fold in the second container of cool whip.
- Chill your fluffy lemon jello salad for two hours before serving.
Keywords: lemon, jello salad, potluck