Light and easy tomato soup gives you all the comfort of a homemade creamy tomato soup without adding those unwanted calories!
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Petite Diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1 (11.5 oz) can V8 Vegetable Blend Juice (See note at end)
- 1 Cup Half and Half
- Basil or Italian Seasoning (optional)
- Pour the vegetable broth, canned tomatoes, and V8 into a soup pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blend the soup with an emulsion blender, a regular blender or a food processor until smooth. Add the half and half. Blend again.
- Stir in salt, pepper, basil or italian seasoning to your taste. Serve and enjoy!
For a soup with a spicy kick use the spicy V8 vegetable juice blend.
Keywords: tomato soup, healthy