This must try, melt in your mouth lemony cheesecake is a beautifully elegant dessert made from scratch in your very own kitchen!
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Zest of 2 medium sized Lemons
- 1/2 Cup FRESH Lemon Juice
- 6 Tbs. Butter
- 1 Cup Keebler Sandies Classic Shortbread Cookies (15 cookies)
- 3 Tbs. Sugar
- 1/2 Tbs. Butter
- 4 (8 oz) packages Cream Cheese (room temp)
- 2/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 3/4 Cup Lemon Curd
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 Tbs. Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Curd
- In a small pot bring 2/3 Cup sugar, 1/8 tsp salt, zest of 2 lemons, 1/2 Cup lemon juice and 6 Tbs. butter just to a boil.
- While you are watching for that to boil, crack the 2 eggs into a small deep bowl or a 4 cup measuring cup. Whisk them and set them aside.
- Once the mixture in the pot starts to boil slowly drizzle the hot liquid into the eggs while whisking vigorously to temper the eggs.
- After you’ve whisked all the hot liquid into the eggs pour it back into the pot and place it back on the stove over medium heat.
- Continue to whisk until the lemon curd thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat.
- It’s best if the lemon curd is not super hot when it’s used in this cheesecake so to cool it down quickly put some ice in a large bowl. Pour the hot lemon curd in a smaller bowl and place the small bowl over the ice. Whisk it here and there as you continue to work on the rest of the cheesecake.
- Crush the shortbread cookies into fine crumbs and incorporate the sugar and butter into them.
- Press into a 9 inch springform pan.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in the 2/3 Cup sour cream and 3/4 Cup lemon curd until smooth.
- Beat in 2/3 Cup sugar. This is the time to make sure your mixture is completely smooth. No cream cheese lumps.
- Add 2 tsp vanilla and 3 Tbs. flour. Beat until smooth.
- Add the mix and only beat until the 3 eggs are incorporated.
- Pour over the crust in the springform pan.
- Spoon 1/2 cup lemon curd into 3 or 4 strips across the top of the filling.
- Move a knife in figure 8 type motions through the lemon curd and cheesecake filling to swirl it.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes. The center 2-3 inches should still be jiggly.
- Cool the cheesecake to room temperature then place it in the fridge overnight to cool and chill completely.
- Run a sharp knife around the edge of the cheesecake and remove the outer ring of the spring form pan.
- Slice your cheesecake and serve.
Keywords: cheesecake, baked cheesecake, lemon cheesecake