This simple syrup is ready to drizzle over your pancakes or waffles in just 10 minutes! Plus, it's the perfect way to use up excess lemons and a great alternative to maple syrup! This sweet lemon syrup has so many uses! You can even use it at a cake syrup or a dessert sauce!
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Lemon Extract
- In a medium pot over medium heat, bring the sugar, corn syrup, and lemon juice to a boil.
- Boil for 4 minutes while whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the heavy cream and lemon extract.
- Serve over your favorite pancakes or waffles!
- Store leftovers in the fridge in a jar or syrup bottle!
- Fresh lemon juice is a must. Don't substitute bottled.
- Refrigerate between uses!
- Reheat carefully on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Keywords: lemon simple syrup, lemon syrup for pancakes, lemon dessert sauce, sweet lemon sauce, how to make lemon syrup