A sweet, lemony filling over a delicate buttery crust. A perfect dessert for spring or summer. Learn the secret to making the best lemon bars every time!
- 1 Cup Butter (no substitutes)
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Tbs . Lemon Zest (about 2 medium sized lemons)
- 1/4 Cup FRESH Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 5 Tbs . Flour
- Additional powdered sugar for sprinkling on the top of baked lemon bars.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan WELL. Do not use pan spray.
- Prepare the crust by whisking the 2 cups flour and powdered sugar together. Cut in the butter until it is well combined and crumbly. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While the crust is baking prepare the filling. Beat the eggs and sugar together until it is very light yellow in color. Zest and juice the lemons. Stir the lemon zest, lemon juice, baking powder and flour into the sugar and eggs. Pour over the hot crust and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool the lemon bars until completely cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into 20 bars and enjoy!
Keywords: lemon, lemon bars, lemon dessert