Got leftover turkey and stuffing from Thanksgiving dinner? No problem! Check out this easy leftover turkey soup & stuffing dumplings recipe!
- 2 Cup Leftover Stuffing
- 1/3 Cup. Flour
- 2 Eggs
Leftover Turkey Soup:
- 1 Cup diced, Carrots
- 1/2 Cup chopped, Celery
- 1/2 Cup chopped, Onion
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/8 Cup Flour
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cups small cubed Potatoes
- 2 Cups chopped cooked Turkey
- 6 oz., cubed Queso Blanco Velveeta
- In small mixing bowl, mix the 2 cups of stuffing, 1/3 cup flour and 2 eggs well.
- Scoop out in 1/2 Tablespoon sized globs and place them on a wax paper lined baking sheet. I usually get about 32 small dumplings. Put them in the fridge while you make the soup.
- In a large pot, melt the butter. Saute the carrots, celery and onions in the butter until slightly soft.
- Stir in the flour. Mix until smooth. Add the chicken broth a little at a time until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Add the potatoes and simmer until cooked through.
- Add the turkey.
- Add the queso blanco Velveeta.
- Once the velveeta is melted and thoroughly mixed through the soup bring it to a low boil.
- Roll each stuffing dumpling glob into a ball and carefully drop it in the soup.
- Boil for 5 minutes to cook the dumplings.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly before serving. Garnish with chives if desired.
Keywords: leftover turkey, thanksgiving