Looking for leftover ham recipes to use up your leftover ham from the holidays? Try this leftover ham and cheese pot pie!
- Double Pie Crust
- 2 Tbs. Butter
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onions
- 1 Cup Small Diced Carrots
- 1/8 Cup Flour
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Small Cubed Potatoes
- 2 Cups Chopped Up Cooked Ham
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Prepare the pie crusts and line a 9 inch pie plate with the bottom crust. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a pot. Saute’ the carrots and onion just until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the flour to make a paste. Stir the the chicken broth a little at a time, mixing until smooth after each addition until all the broth is incorporated.
- Add the potatoes and simmer until the potatoes are mostly cooked through.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cheese and ham. Stir until the cheese is melted and blended in.
- Pour pot pie filling into the prepared pie plate. Top with a top crust and cut a few slits in the top for steam to escape from.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until the crust in lightly browned.
- Cool for 20 minutes before serving.
Keywords: leftover ham, pot pie