Wondering what you are going to do with your leftover Christmas Ham? Try this incredible leftover ham and cheese pot pie!
This leftover ham and cheese pot pie is so, so yummy! It was even picky teenager approved! That is really saying something. If you are wondering what to do with your leftover Christmas ham I truly hope you give this recipe a try. It is a filling and tasty dinner that is fairly simple to prepare. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas weekend and perhaps this recipe will help you out some, too!
Line a 9 inch pie plate with a pie crust. Set aside. Melt 2 Tbs. Butter in a pot. Saute’ the carrots and onions just until the onions are cooked through. Add 1/8 cup of flour and stir to make a paste. Add 2 cups of chicken broth a little at a time, mixing well after each addition until all the broth is incorporated. Stir in the potato cubes and simmer until the potatoes are mostly done. Remove from the heat and stir in the grated cheese and ham. Stir until smooth as pictured below.
If you wanted to add some frozen peas, you could do so at this point. I personally like peas, I do not however like having to pick out peas from my kids dinners. So I didn’t add them.
Pour the pot pie filling into the prepared pie plate.
Top with a top crust and cut a few slits in the top for the steam to escape from. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. The pie crust should be lightly browned. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave me a rating and a comment below!
Other recipes I know you’ll love!
Don’t forget to subscribe to get my newest recipes sent right to your email!Print
What can you do with all your leftover ham from the holidays? Try this leftover ham and cheese pot pie! It’s the ultimate comfort food!
- Double Pie Crust
- 2 Tbs. Butter
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onions
- 1 Cup Small Diced Carrots
- 1/8 Cup Flour
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Small Cubed Potatoes
- 2 Cups Chopped Up Cooked Ham
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Prepare the pie crusts and line a 9 inch pie plate with the bottom crust. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a pot. Saute’ the carrots and onion just until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the flour to make a paste. Stir the the chicken broth a little at a time, mixing until smooth after each addition until all the broth is incorporated.
- Add the potatoes and simmer until the potatoes are mostly cooked through.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cheese and ham. Stir until the cheese is melted and blended in.
- Pour pot pie filling into the prepared pie plate. Top with a top crust and cut a few slits in the top for steam to escape from.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until the crust in lightly browned.
- Cool for 20 minutes before serving.
Keywords: leftover ham, pot pie
ANY NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS ON THIS SITE IS BASED ON AN ESTIMATE, CALCULATED BY NURTIFOX PLUGIN (OR OTHER THIRD-PARTY SOURCE) FROM THE INDIVIDUAL INGREDIENTS IN EACH RECIPE. VARIATIONS MAY OCCUR FOR VARIOUS REASONS, INCLUDING PRODUCT AVAILABILITY AND FOOD PREPARATION. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF THE ACCURACY OF THIS INFORMATION.
Last Updated on