Let's take that traditional 7 layer salad and add a few more layers! This quick, overnight salad can be made ahead for a crowd or just for two. Topped with a tangy sweet mayo and sugar dressing, this easy salad is best to take to those summer picnics!
- 1 1/2 cups Mayonnaise (use whatever kind you want (reduced fat, olive oil, etc.))
- 2 Tbs Sugar
- 3 cups Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- 3 cups Shredded Romaine Lettuce
- 1/2 cup Matchstick Carrots
- 1/2 cup Chopped Celery
- 1/2 cup Chopped Green Pepper
- 1/2 cup Chopped Cucumber
- 1/2 cup Sliced Radishes
- 1/2 cup Frozen Green Peas
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Chopped Red Onion
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayo and sugar. Set aside.
- Layer the salad ingredients in a 9x13 pan starting with the lettuces and followed by the carrots, celery, green peppers, cucumbers, radishes and peas.
- Spread the dressing over the top of these layers.
- Top with the cheddar cheese and red onions.
- Cover the salad and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight before serving.
- You can add 2 Tbs. of Apple Cider Vinegar to the dressing if you wish.
- You may substitute sour cream for 1/2 the mayo for a creamier dressing.
- You may substitute miracle whip for the mayo for a much sweeter dressing.
- Don't make more than 24 hours ahead and keep covered tightly in the fridge.
- This salad will become soggy after 24 hours.
Keywords: overnight layered salad, layered lettuce salad recipe, 7 layered salad recipe, layered salad with dressing