This salad has more than the average seven layers you generally see in a layered salad! Loaded with fresh vegetables and topped with it's own dressing makes this the ideal side to share! Quick, easy and a great overnight salad option!
- 1 1/2 Cups Mayonnaise (use whatever kind you want (reduced fat, olive oil, etc.))
- 2 Tbs Sugar
- 3 Cups Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- 3 Cups Shredded Romaine Lettuce
- 1/2 Cup Matchstick Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Celery
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Cucumber
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Radishes
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Green Peas
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Red Onion
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayo and sugar. Set aside.
- Layer the salad ingredients in a 9x13 pan starting with the lettuces and followed by the carrots, celery, green peppers, cucumbers, radishes and peas.
- Spread the dressing over the top of these layers.
- Top with the cheddar cheese and red onions. Cover the salad and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight before serving.
- Feel free to add or omit any fresh vegies or hard boiled eggs if you like!
Keywords: overnight layered salad, layered salad recipe, 7 layered salad recipe