This sweet treat looks like something straight from the wizarding world of Harry Potter! So whether you have a Harry Potter party coming up or need a quick and easy Halloween treat that kids can make for a class party this recipe is exactly what you're looking for!
- One 9x13 Cake
- 6-7 cups Buttercream Frosting
- 24 Mini Cauldrons
- Assorted Halloween Sprinkles
- Let's talk about the cake first. Make a batch of cake batter for a 9x13 cake but bake it on a 18x13 baking sheet lined with parchment paper to easily lift it out of the pan to cut up. If you don't have any just spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Baking time for that size sheet pan is 17-20 minutes.
- I used my Death by Chocolate Cake recipe.
- Once the cake is baked and cooled use a sharp knife to cut the cake into small cubes.
- You should have enough cake for 20-24 cauldron cakes.
- Now for the frosting. You need 6-7 cups of frosting. Get my Buttercream Frosting Recipe Here. Make double batch and color in various colors at a pipe-able consistency.
- Fill disposable frosting bags with the frosting. If you're doing this for a group of kids put roughly 1/3 cup of frosting in each piping bag and secure the top tightly with a rubber band. Don't cut the end off the bag until it's time to make the cauldrons.
- Assembly!!! Fill each cauldron half way with cake.
- Press the cake in just to distribute it around the bottom and pack it down slightly.
- Cut the end off a pastry bag of frosting. You will not need a tip or anything special.
- Just squeeze the bag to pipe a thin layer of frosting onto of the cake.
- Press more cake into the cauldrons to fill to the top edge of each cauldron.
- Pipe more frosting on the top of the cake in a circular motion. Remember it doesn't need to look "perfect".
- Final step...Decorate with assorted sprinkles.
- Serve with a mini spoon!
- You can store these in the fridge or at room temperature!
- Click here for My Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Click here for The Best Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- I was able to pick up supplies for this recipe from a local party supply store however if that's not an option for you....
- Click here to order Mini Cauldrons from Amazon
- Click here to order Disposable Frosting Bags from Amazon
- Click here to order Mini Spoons from Amazon
- Click here to order Halloween Sprinkles from Amazon
- Nutritional Disclaimer
Keywords: cauldron cakes, cauldron cakes harry potter recipe, cauldron cupcakes, cauldron cakes honeydukes, easy cauldron cakes