This zesty cold pasta salad is a refreshing side that complements many meals! It quick and easy recipe to prepare and can be made a full day before you need it!
- 1 (16 oz.) Box Garden Rotini
- 2 (3.8 oz) Cans Sliced Olives
- 1/2 a (5 oz.) Bag of Mini Pepperoni
- 3 Quality Mozzarella String cheese Sticks, sliced into thin discs
- 3/4 -1 cup Chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2-3/4 cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1/2 to a whole (16 oz) Jar of Roasted Red Peppers, chopped up
- 1 (16 oz.) Bottle of Olive Garden Italian Dressing
- Chop, slice and dice the ingredients while you bring a pot of water to a boil to cook your pasta.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse the pasta in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Put the cooked rotini, sliced olives, 1/2 the bag of pepperoni, mozzarella discs, and chopped green pepper, red onions and roasted red peppers in a large mixing bowl. Toss to mix.
- Pour about 2/3s of the Italian Dressing over the pasta salad. Toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate a few hours or overnight to allow the flavors to blend.
- Before serving pour the remaining italian dressing over the pasta salad and mix well.
- I like to make this salad a full day before we are going to eat it to allow plenty of time for the flavors to blend. I also, flip the bowl upside down, leave it for a couple hours and then flip it back right side up. I do this a few times occasionally whenever it's convenient. I do this because the dressing will make its way to the bottom of the pasta salad and flipping the bowl over and back a few times evenly distributes the dressing.
Keywords: zesty italian pasta salad, pasta salad, cold italian pasta salad