Have you ever wondered how to make your own Oreo cookies from scratch? It's very easy actually! All it takes is 3 ingredients for the cookies plus some cream cheese frosting!
- 1 box Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 6 Tbs Butter (softened)
- 2 Eggs
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- 2 Tbs. Butter (softened)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together the cake mix, 6 Tbs. butter and eggs until well combined.
- Scoop out by 1/2 tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. I can usually get 20 to a pan.
- Bake at 350 for 7 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- When cooled frost one cookie with the cream cheese frosting then top with another.
- For the cream cheese frosting, beat the cream cheese and 2 Tbs. butter together until very smooth.
- Beat in the vanilla and powdered sugar. Mix well.
- Store cookies in the fridge.
- This cookie dough is very thick and kind of "gummy". It also takes a little work to get all the cake mix to mix in which makes it seem like there isn't enough liquid in this recipe but there is. It just takes a little longer to get it to mix together.
Keywords: easy homemade Oreo recipe, ingredients for Oreos