Who wants a recipe for an no bake chocolate pie that needs only 7 ingredients and takes just 15 minutes to make? The silky smooth filling that melts in your mouth, in an Oreo crust cannot be beat!
- 20 Chocolate Creme Filled Oreos
- 1 Tbs. Butter
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (Milk Chocolate or Semi-sweet)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/8 cup Powdered Sugar
- Crush up the Oreos into fine crumbs using a food processor.
- Add the butter and pulse until blended in.
- Press the crumbs into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Set Aside.
- Measure chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup.
- Add 1/2 cup heavy cream and salt.
- Microwave 20 to 30 seconds at a time to melt the chips and the mixture whisks smoothly together.
- Heat only enough to just melt the chips. If you overheat the chocolate can scorch. Also heating more than necessary makes it take forever to cool.
- Cool to room temperature. You can speed this up by placing the container in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes stirring here and there to cool faster. Keep an eye on it though because you don't want it to become too cold.
- In a small bowl, whip 1 cup of cream, vanilla and 1/8 cup of powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into the Oreo pie shell and chill for at least 6 hours.
- Top with additional whipped cream, chocolate shavings, or jimmies if desired.
- Heavy Cream - aka...heavy whipping cream. If you want to substitute cool whip for the fresh whipped cream you can. You will need 2 (8oz) containers.
- Oreos - This recipe calls for the chocolate crème filled Oreo cookies. The chocolate filling in those slightly different than the white crème filling. However, regular Oreos are fine you will just need to add 2 tablespoons of butter to hold the crust together. OR for a gluten free pie you can use the new gluten free oreos! You will need to add the additional butter for that kind of oreo as well. Purchasing a pre-made oreo pie crust is an option as well, however, you will only need 1/2 to 2/3rds of the amount of filling this recipe makes so I would buy 2.
- Butter - both unsalted butter and salted butter work fine for this recipe.
- Chocolate Chips - You can use milk chocolate, semi-sweet , or dark chocolate chips. If you prefer to use Baker's chocolate instead you will need 6 ounces.
- 9 Inch Pie Dish - You can use an 8 inch springform pan in place of the pie dish.
Keywords: chocolate mousse pie recipe, no bake chocolate pie, no bake chocolate mousse pie, easy chocolate pie