How do you spice up mac and cheese? Check out my recipe for Instant Pot Spicy Mac and Cheese! Just a few ingredients to this hot one pot meal!
- 16 oz Box of Small or Medium Shells
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Tbs. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tbs. Oregano
- 1/2-1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (1/2 tsp for hot and 1 tsp for burn your face off)
- See Note at End
- 1 (2.5 oz) bag of Bacon Pieces
- 3 cups of shredded Queso Quesadillas Cheese
- 1/2-1 cup Milk
- Combine the pasta shells, broth and seasonings in your instant pot.
- Seal the lid and cook on high for 4 minutes.
- Quick release the steam.
- Open lid and stir in the bacon, cheese, and 1/2 cup milk.
- Put the lid back on and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid and stir. Add more milk if needed.
You can substitute 2 Tbs. of McCormick's Tasty Cheesy Seasoning Blend for the garlic powder, oregano and red pepper flakes.
I find the shredded queso cheese at WalMart. You can use pretty much any cheese in it's place though. The queso just melts in smoother.
Keywords: instant pot, mac and cheese, spicy mac and cheese