Looking for an easy filling breakfast casserole recipe? This Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole is not only easy to prepare, but can be made the night before!
- 3 Cups Frozen Hash brown shreds
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar or Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 (2.5 oz) Bacon Pieces
- 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Pepper and Onion mix
- 5 Eggs
- 2 Tbs Sour Cream
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 3/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Chipotle Chili Pepper Powder (if you want some heat to your casserole, omit if you don't)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 (7 inch) Foil Tins (affiliate link)
- In a mixing bowl toss the hashbrowns, cheese, bacon pieces and pepper onion mix together.
- Spray 2 (7 inch) foil tins with non stick cooking spray and divide the hash brown mixture between them.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, and black pepper together. Only add the chipotle if you want to add some heat and spice to your casserole.
- Pour half over on casserole and the other half over the other.
- Cover each casserole tightly with foil.
- Put 1 1/2 cups of water in the bottom of your instant pot and place the trivet inside.
- Place the first casserole on the trivet. Put 3 mason jar rings on the top of that casserole and place the second casserole on the top of the rings.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and seal.
- Cook on high pressure for 45 minutes.
- Quick release the steam.
- Carefully remove the casseroles from the instant and remove the foil.
You can make these up and freeze them until your are ready to use them. prepare as instructed and tightly covered with two layers of tin foil. Label the top and pop in your freezer. When you're ready to use them there is no need to thaw. Just place them in your instant pot as instructed above but increase the cooking time to 60 minutes at high pressure followed by a quick release.
Keywords: Instant Pot, breakfast casserole