Isn’t the smell of freshly baked bread the best! This recipe makes a single loaf of homemade white bread! Just as easy as it is delicious!
- 1 1/2 Cups Warm Water
- 3 Tbs . Sugar
- 1 Tbs . Active Dry Yeast
- 4 Tbs . room temperature Butter
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3–4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Let stand 5 minutes to get foamy.
- Mix in the butter, salt, and 3 cups of the flour with a dough hook.
- Once well combined, add the last cup of flour 1/4 cup at a time until the dough forms a ball, pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is only slightly sticky to the touch. YOU MAY NOT NEED THE ENTIRE LAST CUP OF FLOUR.
- Knead for 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Cover the bowl with a dish cloth and allow dough to rise until doubled. This will take up to 45 minutes.
- Dump the risen dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a loaf. Place in a greased bread pan.
- Cover and let rise until doubled. This will take up to 60 minutes.
- Bake the bread at 350 degrees, for 20 minutes, tent with some tin foil and continue to bake another 20-25 minutes. Your bread loaf should sound hollow when thumped.
- Run a small cube of butter over the top the hot bread loaf. Let cool for 10 minutes in the bread pan before turning it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: homemade bread, white bread